Thursday, March 19, 2015

Listening for Daddy

I was in the middle of cooking dinner last week and I noticed it got very quiet in the living room.  I turned around and saw our 4 yr old twins with their ears to the door listening for signs that daddy was home from work. I thought it was sweet so I snapped a picture and went on with dinner.  

A few days later I was scrolling through pictures on my phone and saw it and I instantly thought "Do we as children of God listen for our Heavenly Father with that much intention?"  I know there are times when I can say, Yes!  And then there are other times when I would also say, No!  Oh Lord let us be a people with ears to hear and a desire to listen!

15 "The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out."  Proverbs 18:15


No comments:

Post a Comment