Friday, September 27, 2013

Facebook: the honeymoon is over!


I used to love Facebook.  It was exciting to open up my page each day and check in on my little corner of the world.  I found friends I'd lost contact with over the years, get to see pictures of loved ones, and watch my long distance friends and family's children grow.  It's not so fun anymore.  Day after day my news feed fills up with pictures of runaways or abducted children, political rants filled with hate and shock tactics, news articles and images of evil from around the globe and oh so much more.  Facebook has shifted, in my opinion, from social networking to personal soapbox.  

I've had to distance myself from my Facebook.  I found the negativity that haunted me way after I turned it off was affecting me more than it should.  

Awareness is not the same as anxiety.  

Today as I was scrolling quickly through my newsfeed hoping to catch a few updates on my niece and nephews I scaned a news post on 'anal hazing in school'.....really?  Just as my heart started getting heavy and my mind racing I clearly heard Jesus say, "Take heart for I have overcome the world!"  

Joyce Meyer's status today said, "the world is full of bad news, but the Gospel is full of good news!"  Amen to that!  So if you're like me and find that your social media can leave you feeling fearful, anxious or depressed...take a break from Facebook and open up the Good Book!  Be encouraged, Jesus has overcome the world!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment